Real Estate Law and relocation to Mauritius
PLCJ Ltd provides legal support to its foreign clients wishing to invest in real estate projects in Mauritius (PDS and Ground +2 programs), which includes the negotiations of the reservation contracts to the sale agreements and all ancillary agreements. PLCJ can also carry out an analysis to determine the most suitable entity to implement your project (domestic company, SCI, foundations, ….), and suggest a mandate in order to avoid unnecessary trips to Mauritius for the signing of the deed and completion of all required formalities in relation to the obtention of a residence permit.
PLCJ Ltd also provides support to the clients wishing to carry real estate transactions by becoming a property developer for estates under the PDS project.
- Legal support provided to a Belgian group in the acquisition of a Mauritian hotel group;
- Legal support provided for the selling of a hotel by Mauritian shareholders to a Mauritian group company;
- Legal support provided to a Private Equity Fund in the acquisition of hotels in Mauritius;
- Legal support provided to a Belgian group for the acquisition of an estate in the PDS project in Mauritius (review of the reservation contract, review of the sale agreement and appendices and necessary follow-ups carried out until complete delivery);
- Legal assistance provided to a foreign couple wishing to invest in several real estate projects in Mauritius including the acquisition of 50% of the shares of a property developer;
- Legal support provided to a Mauritian resident in relation to his investment in an estate under the PDS project in Mauritius through bond issues carried out by the property developer;
- Legal support provided to a sugar group company in their fund raising and housing promotion operations;
- Legal support provided to a housing promotion group company in the drafting of their sale offers and the related contracts;
- Negotiation and drafting of project owner and project management agreements with the builder and with the other operators (architects, insurers, buyers, banks,…).