Areas of expertise in French law
- Business Law
- PLCJ Ltd intervenes as legal advisor in Business Law (Commercial Law, Contract Law, Company Law etc.);
- PLCJ Ltd intervenes as legal counsel in Business Law litigations;
- PLCJ Ltd provides legal representation of its clients in judicial proceedings or arbitration;
- PLCJ Ltd assists in mergers and acquisitions operations and drafting of the relevant documentation;
- PLCJ Ltd assists in drafting of agreements;
- PLCJ Ltd participates in the setting-up of companies and coordinates the relevant formalities.
- Law of information Technology
- PLCJ Ltd drafts software, license and assistance agreements, and the general conditions for the use of software etc;
- PLCJ Ltd negotiates information technology projects;
- PLCJ Ltd appears in information technology litigations.
- Intellectual Property Law
- PLCJ Ltd undertakes trademarks searches, registration and protection of trademarks, and conduct searches at the national, regional and international levels;
- PLCJ Ltd ensures judicial defence of its clients (action for infringement of intellectual property rights, action for unfair competition, actions for cancelation of an intellectual property right, action for illegal or fraudulent registration of trademarks etc.).
Areas of expertise in Mauritian, Regional and International Laws
PLCJ Ltd offers a wide variety of services through its local network which is comprised of legal professionals within the following fields :
- Business Law (Commercial Law, Contract law, Corporate Law etc.)
- PLCJ Ltd assists its clients in international mergers and acquisitions and in drafting of the relevant agreements;
- PLCJ Ltd negotiates and drafts the relevant documents and contracts by taking into account the special features of the different legal systems concerned;
- PLCJ Ltd assists in the setting-up of international structures tailor-made for its clients’ projects (joint ventures, partnerships, and consortiums).
- Law of Information Technology
- PLCJ Ltd drafts tailor-made international agreements.
- Intellectual Property Law
- PLCJ Ltd assists its clients in the registration and protection of their intellectual property rights, in Mauritius, Reunion Island, Mayotte, Comoros Islands & European countries and more particularly undertakes trademarks applications and registrations.
- Company Law - Onshore, Offshore, Freeport
- PLCJ Ltd assists its clients in the incorporation of domestic Mauritian companies.
- PLCJ Ltd has developed longstanding business relationships with recognised services providers and management companies to allow its clients to establish offshore entities (GBC1 & GBC2) taxed at a lower rate of 3% or 0%, or trusts in Mauritius.
- PLCJ Ltd offers its customers to benefit from tax incentives in the Mauritius Freeport when it is adapted (not including customs duty for goods and equipment imported into the Freeport zones, 0% corporation tax etc.).